For a limited time, we will be offering a special Sauce Box for those folks who just can’t get enough tomatoes!
The tomato bounty is here. And it might be hard to believe, but that means it’s time to stock up for (ahh!) winter. Just imagine opening your freezer mid-February to find a bag of the juicy, vibrant tomatoes you put away six months earlier… I promise, you’ll be thanking yourself for storing a taste of that delicious summer sunshine.
The Sauce Box includes 10-12 lbs of our best sauce tomatoes (Speckled Roman, Early Girl and Brandywine), PLUS jalapenos and garlic to round out the sauce.
There will be a limited number of boxes sold, so please purchase early to make sure we don’t run out!
Wondering how to store the tomatoes? Don’t worry — we’ll send you all the info you need to learn how to can and freeze the bounty of the Sauce Box.
Email email@example.com to reserve your box now!
We can’t wait to see what you cook up!
The Urban Roots Youth-Run CSA Program is officially SOLD OUT for the 2018 season!
Thank you to all our members for signing up. We’re looking forward to an amazing season.
Don’t have a share? Don’t despair! There are LOTS of other great ways to enjoy our youth-grown produce:
- In a tasty, youth-designed salad at the Roots for the Home Team salad stand at Twins home games.
- In seasonally-inspired breakfast & lunch dishes with a Korean twist at Cook St. Paul.
- On the shelves in the produce section at Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op on 7th Street.
- In the fantastic salads at Swede Hollow Cafe.
- At our Urban Pizza Farm, grilled up fresh in our backyard by amazing guest chefs.
- At the Mill City Farmer’s Market beginning Labor Day Weekend and continuing through the winter.
- In a healthy, easy-to-use, locally sourced meal kit provided by Local Crate.
- At our weekly Friends and Family Farmer’s Marker, serving our youth interns and their immediate community every Tuesday afternoon for the duration of our summer program. (Thanks to generous funding from Mortenson for helping us pilot this project.)
- At Phoenix Market, on the corner of 3rd St and Maria Ave. (Thanks to generous funding from the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership to improve access to healthful foods in Ramsey County!)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THE HARVEST WITH YOU THIS SEASON!