Bring Urban Roots
Home for the Holidays
with our Thanksgiving Boxes!
Make Youth-Grown, Super-Local, Always-Sustainable Produce
Part of Your Family’s Celebration!
Your Thanksgiving box includes potatoes, leeks, shallots, squash, carrots, beets, and more!
Select the size that fits your Thanksgiving table. We’ll email to arrange a pick-up date. Your support ensures we can continue to provide vital youth programming for our youth interns.
Use the link below to purchase on PayPal:
Read on for answers to all your questions!
When and where do I pick up my box?
Your box will be ready for pick-up on Monday, November 19th or Tuesday, November 20th. Once you place your order, we’ll reach out to confirm which date and time is best for you. Can’t pick up in that window? Let us know and we can make arrangements that work for you.
Boxes will be available near the check-out lanes at Mississippi Market Co-op at 740 E 7th Street, St. Paul.
What’s in the box?
Your Thanksgiving box includes potatoes, celery root, leeks, shallots, garlic, winter squash, carrots, beets, turnips, watermelon radishes, sage, and thyme.
See something you don’t like on the list? Just email us and we’ll be happy to swap it out for something you love.
How many people can I feed with my Thanksgiving box?
We are offering three choices on box size to fit your table.
small : feeds 4-6 people
medium : feeds 8-10 people
large : feeds 12-14 people
How much does a box cost?
All boxes are sold at 20% off retail value.
small (serves 4-6): $45
medium (serves 8-10): $75
large (serves 12-14) : $100
As always, your purchase supports critical youth programming right here on the East Side of St. Paul!
After you order your box, we will reach out and ask if you would like to pick up on Monday, November 19th or Tuesday, November 20th. Need it earlier or later? Let us know and we’ll make it work.
Boxes can be picked up at Mississippi Market at 740 East 7th Street in St Paul. Boxes will be labeled with your name and placed near the check-out lanes at the front of the store.
Can I give a Thanksgiving box as a gift?
Absolutely! Nothing says “thank you” like youth-grown local veggies. Just shoot us an email after you make your purchase with the name and contact information for your gift recipient. We’ll reach out directly to them to coordinate pick-up.
We are so THANKFUL for your support!!
The Urban Roots Youth-Run CSA Program is officially SOLD OUT for the 2018 season!
Thank you to all our members for signing up. We’re looking forward to an amazing season.
Don’t have a share? Don’t despair! There are LOTS of other great ways to enjoy our youth-grown produce:
- In a tasty, youth-designed salad at the Roots for the Home Team salad stand at Twins home games.
- In seasonally-inspired breakfast & lunch dishes with a Korean twist at Cook St. Paul.
- On the shelves in the produce section at Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op on 7th Street.
- In the fantastic salads at Swede Hollow Cafe.
- At our Urban Pizza Farm, grilled up fresh in our backyard by amazing guest chefs.
- At the Mill City Farmer’s Market beginning Labor Day Weekend and continuing through the winter.
- In a healthy, easy-to-use, locally sourced meal kit provided by Local Crate.
- At our weekly Friends and Family Farmer’s Marker, serving our youth interns and their immediate community every Tuesday afternoon for the duration of our summer program. (Thanks to generous funding from Mortenson for helping us pilot this project.)
- At Phoenix Market, on the corner of 3rd St and Maria Ave. (Thanks to generous funding from the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership to improve access to healthful foods in Ramsey County!)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THE HARVEST WITH YOU THIS SEASON!