Apply for our work opportunities Apply to Right Track
Urban Roots provides youth (ages 14-18) with fun and engaging job experiences! Working in our urban gardens, kitchens, and local parks will build 21st century job skills, increase awareness about environmental issues and create meaningful ways to have a positive impact on the community!
All Urban Roots interns:
»Work 9 weeks beginning the week of June 19th
»Work 8-10 hours a week and participate in career training
»Paid $9.50/hour by St. Paul Right Track
»Interns are required to apply for work with Urban Roots through St. Paul Right Track
Urban Roots employs youth in 3 programs, Market Garden, Cook Fresh and Conservation.
Urban Roots Employs Youth in 3 Programs:
You will have the opportunity to indicate your crew preference at your interview.
Who can apply?
»Students ages 14-18 (as of June 19th, 2017)
»Students who live or go to school on the East Side of Saint Paul (East of 35-E, North of the Mississippi River)
»Students who qualify for free or reduced price lunch
»Students who are NOT enrolled in summer school are given first preference
»Students who are excited to learn and are looking forward to working hard outdoors
Steps to apply for our internships
1. February 1st – 28th: Apply to Right Track YJ01 Apply to Right Track
Make sure to upload a resume highlighting your experiences and interests related to outdoor work! This increases your chances of getting an interview!
2. March 3rd: You are notified if your application to Right Track was accepted.
3. March 9th: Youth Jobs Expo @ Jimmy Lee Rec Center (not necessary if you plan to apply just to Urban Roots)
4. March 9th-19th: Right Track Job Bank open, Select Urban Roots
5. March 20th-April 14th: Interview candidates will receive a phone call to be invited for an interview between this date (Parent/Guardian must attend)
6. May 1st: You will be notified if you’re hired at Urban Roots!!