Posted December 2, 2013
Urban Roots Conservation Program Manager
Urban Roots (formerly Community Design Center of Minnesota) seeks a full-time Conservation Program Manager to lead our education and training programs in habitat restoration, water quality improvement, environmental learning and youth development. The position is part of a dynamic work environment in which a small staff collaborates to help St. Paul youth and families develop skills related to ecological stewardship, entrepreneurship, agriculture, healthy eating and community service through work projects that improve the community’s health and environment.
• Leading our year-round Conservation Corps youth internship program for youth ages 14-18
• Assisting with the recruitment and hiring of youth interns
• Ensuring that youth are fully engaged in training, working and learning together
• Managing youth in environmental projects (primarily habitat restoration and rain gardens)
• Facilitating peer-led environmental learning for youth and families
• Fostering 21st Century skill development and personal development for participating youth
• Overseeing youth intern time sheets- verify hours, attendance and performance
• Supervising seasonal staff
• Coordinating volunteers
• Program evaluation and reporting
• Experience with and a passion for working with youth
• Project management experience specifically relating to rain garden installation and maintenance
and habitat restoration including invasive species removal and other projects that restore natural
habitats and improve public spaces
• Experience teaching, developing lesson plans and coordinating education programs
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, creative and organized
• Experience working with community partners in collaborative efforts and programs.
• Enjoys working outside
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness to obtain First Aid and CPR certification if not currently certified
• Bachelor or Masters degree in related field
• Supervisory experience
• At least 5 years of related experience
• Availability to work some evenings and weekends
Urban Roots is a 44-year-old non-profit organization with a mission to build vibrant, healthy communities through food, conservation and youth development. We operate food and ecology programs that place the tools of personal and community development in the hands of young people and families.
To apply: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and contact information for three references by December 13th to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Conservation Program Manager in subject line. Urban Roots, Hiring Committee, 731 E. 7th Street, St. Paul, MN 55106.
Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled.